Mobile Banking – Banking on your schedule!
The more you’re away from home, the more you need Mobile Banking. Wherever your phone goes, the Bank follows!
Utilize an easy to use smartphone app, mobile web browser, or even texting to access your vital banking information and online services on your mobile phone!
- View account balances
- View transactions
- Transfer funds *
- Pay bills to existing payees *
- Make payments to anyone, anywhere, with POP Money*
- Uses the same password and user ID as your online banking account
- All transactions are encrypted
- No personal or financial data is stored on your phone
If already an online user, simply log into your account from your computer and follow the steps to enroll.
If not already an online user, click here and get started now! If want to sign up later, click on "First Time User" in the Online Banking sign on box on the Home Page and follow the steps to sign up.
For step by step instructions on how to enroll for Mobile Banking, click here.
* Not available in text version
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is Mobile Banking?
A: In short, with Mobile Banking, you can be sure that your banking activities are with you at all times. You can securely access your Bank of Rio Vista accounts from your mobile device to check account balances, pay bills, transfer funds, and more.
Q: Why should I use Mobile Banking?
A: The real-time convenience of Mobile Banking just cannot be matched by anything else. Think about all the situations where it can be a benefit:
- When you're out shopping and not sure how much spending money you have available. Play it safe and make a quick check on your account balance and make sure you have enough money before you purchase.
- You realize the purchase you want to make is more than what is in the account linked to your Debit Card. No problem. Simply transfer available funds from another of your accounts to the account linked to the Debit Card and those funds will be available to make the purchase.
- When you're on vacation, out traveling, or simply have no computer access, you might have a bill you forgot to pay from home or a bill that is due very soon. Don't cut it close. Ensure that you're never late on any of your bills by making a quick and easy bill payment from your phone.
Q: Is there any cost for Mobile Banking?
A: Usage and mobile data charges may apply depending on your phone carrier's plan, and a transaction fee will apply to POP Money payments. All other services are at no additional charge.
Q: Is my mobile device secure to use? I like to use my computer for my banking activities and I have concerns over using my phone.
A: Mobile is safe to use! Consider:
- Smartphones such as iPhones, Android and Blackberry have a very controlled and secure operating system
- Mobile Banking uses 128 bit SSL encryption just like Online Banking – which basically encrypts and protects any transmission of data including customer account information
- Mobile Banking uses strong Firewalls just like Online Banking – which protects from unauthorized or malicious intrusion
- Mobile Banking uses your Username & Password for access, just like Online Banking. And just like with Online Banking, your account will lock down after 3 incorrect attempts from your mobile device
- Mobile banking uses additional Security and authentication for initial access to your account
Q: What if my phone is lost or stolen?
A: Your mobile banking access is still secured because:
- No personal information from your Mobile Banking account is ever stored on the phone
- Your password is never stored
- Your login session automatically times out after a specific period of inactivity
- The Bank can remotely terminate Mobile Banking on your account at any time
Q: What do I need to do to get Mobile Banking?
A: The process is pretty straight forward, but there are some prerequisites:
- Must have an active deposit account with the Bank of Rio Vista
- Must have an active user ID and password for Online Banking
- Must have a mobile phone with the capabilities needed for the Mobile Banking option you choose. Depending on your choice, must be able to text, access the internet, or run a smartphone app.
For help on using Mobile Banking, click here.
For tips on preventing fraud and identity theft, click here.
|Mobile Banking - Banking on your schedule.|